Brad’s combination of commercial and IT expertise has led to the development of many innovative and forward-thinking business ventures for himself and his clients. He fully embraces change and technology and is excited about the future and potential of the accounting industry. A self-confessed geek, Brad is always working on something new and exciting. Some of his previous projects include co-authoring a book Social Media for Accountants, developing the New Zealand app “Tax Toolbox”, and “employing” the first robot accountant!
He has a special interest in helping accountants grow their practices by working smarter, harnessing the benefits of technology, attracting new markets, developing niche products, services and brands. The accounting industry is changing so fast that it is difficult for practitioners to keep abreast of developments. Technology is evolving at a speed never before experienced. Many practitioners are seeing the effects on their bottom line and are nervous about what the future holds, so Brad specialises in harnessing technology to work for you rather than being fearful of it. His innovative, out-of-the-box, thinking will help an accounting firm stand out and ensure it not only survives but thrives.
Brad operates several successful business ventures including:
- Wise Advice (established 2005) www.wiseadvice.co.nz. A Xero platinum partner firm with 2 Auckland branches servicing clients all over New Zealand. Offers fixed price packages including “virtual CFO” and focuses on adding value to customers.
- Rocket Practice (established 2014) www.rocketpractice.com. A consulting and advisory firm for Accountants and Lawyers. Helping them develop and grow their practices.
- XO Accounting (established 2013) www.xoaccounting.com. With 5 branches in Australia and growing, this brand is one to look out for!
- Hospitality Advice (established 2010) www.hospitalityadvice.co.nz. An accounting and consulting service for the hospitality and tourism industry internationally.
- Flexipayroll (established 2013) www.flexipayroll.co.nz. A payroll outsourcing service, providing intermediary support for business owners; offered in conjunction with accounting services or as a stand-alone service.
Since Brad genuinely wants to support the accounting industry, he is heavily involved in governance and speaking roles. He has been the Chair of CPA Public Practice Committee NZ division since 2016, and was a member of the Xero Partner Advisory Board (2012-2015). Brad is regularly invited to speak at conferences and events and was the regular speaker for technology updates for NZICA in Auckland for many years.
Along with being an IT Geek, Brad is the husband to Sirpa and father to Sam. He and his family share a rural lifestyle with Russell the dog – their alpacas and chickens – and their wide circle of family and friends.